Welcome to Adventists InStep for Life
. Listed below are five easy steps you can take to get started.
Churches, Schools & Health Care Organizations
- Prayerfully consider how God wants you to get involved in meeting the obesity challenge in your community.
- Sign the Adventists InStep for Life commitment form and post it where you can see it often.
- Register online to participate and log your personal physical activity (coming soon).
- Download the toolkit to familiarize yourself with the goals and possible action steps you can take.
- Begin introducing the Adventist InStep for Life initiative to key leaders and people you feel might be interested in taking this challange.
- Select an Adventists InStep for Life Coordinator for your site. Each Seventh-day Advenitst union, conference, church school, univeristy and health care organization needs to have an Adventists InStep for Life Coordinator, whether or not you have formed a team. The Adventists InStep for Life Coordinator will be the person that will coordinate the team in carrying out their responsibilities (see below), register your site online, order materials, submit monthly reporting, and access summary reports. This individual will also be the contact person that will receive ongoing information and email updates about the Adventists InStep for Life initiative. Each site can have only ONE Coordinator.
- Form an Adventists InStep for Life Team. Every Seventh-day Adventist union, conference, church, school, university and health care organization in the North American Division is encouraged to form an Adventists InStep for Life team to coordinate activities that inspire healthy eating and physical activity and further awareness of childhood obesity. Individually we are limited in what we can accomplish. The metaphor of the body in Romans 12 reminds us that we function best as a whole. Each of us has a role to play in reducing childhood obesity. Together we can make a difference!
- Partner with your community. Community partnerships are made when people of like goals and similar objectives begin to work together to make a difference for the individuals they seek to serve. Partnering helps us achieve our mutual goals, make better use of resources, share expertise, target efforts, and keep all parties in the community strong.
The material in this website is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any illness, metabolic disorder, disease or health problem. Always consult your physician or health care provider before beginning any nutrition or exercise program. Use of the programs, advice and information contained in this website is at the sole choice and risk of the reader.